This is one of the most exciting and fun opportunities I’ve seen to raise money for your cause. Please post your poems here too so we can all appreciate your brilliance!
Win $10K for Your Nonprofit: Creative Grant Opportunity from CTK Foundation
Here’s a great opportunity to get a little creative with how you tell and share your organization’s story, brought to you by the CTK Foundation.
For this year’s Heart & Soul grant program http://www.communitytech.net/ create a four to eight line poem or stanza that reflects the work or mission of your nonprofit. Poems can be written by you, staff, or supporters.
Prizes are creative, too. The 1st place winner will receive $10,000 and will have their submission turned into a song to be used in public education or awareness. The song will be written and recorded by songwriter Bill Dillon http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-10-07/entertainment/ct-live-1007-william-dillon-20101007_1_evanston-florida-man-redemption-song — who was recently exonerated after 27 years in prison thanks to Innocence Project of Florida http://www.floridainnocence.org/ — and produced by Jim Tullio of Butcher Boy Studios.
The contest is open to all nonprofits in the United States, Canada and the UK, and organizations of all sizes and types are invited to apply.
Winning nonprofits will receive one of the following awards:
- 1st place award is the song, plus a cash grant of $10,000 (US) or it’s value in foreign currency
- 2nd place award is a cash grant of $5,000 (US) or it’s value in foreign currency
- The 2011 Blogger’s Choice Award, where a randomly selected blogger participating in spreading the word among nonprofits about the H&S Grant Award Program will choose a nonprofit applicant to receive a $1,000 cash grant or it’s value in foreign currency
- 2 steel-stringed guitars, signed by all members of Los Lonely Boys (which you can auction for fund-raising)
- Up to 20 technology grants, valued at $10,000, to nonprofits that indicate an interest
There is a quick turnaround on these grants. You must submit an application by midnight on March 28, 2011, and you’ll be notified if you’ve won on April 10. Visit www.communitytech.net to apply.
Follow the effort on Twitter at #ctkgrant http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23ctkgrant.